Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Poetry for the soul: The innocent's cry; life must be defended

I know I said that I would post a poem on Friday's. Truth be told, I wasn't up to it yesterday but today is the day that the Lord has made. The following Poem is one I wrote from an inspiration against all the abortions that continue to occur. If life is not the fundamental thing to be defended, then to claim that we live in a just society is a lie. Remember that "Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy." 

THE INNOCENT'S CRY

do you not care that i am perishing
you ignore me as I am persecuted 
as the gift of my Creator is denied me
the light of the day i will not see
from my mother's womb declared an enemy
by  the one who should protect me
once a gift but now a burden
i am left in my darkness to die
as life freely given to me is stolen
and you sit aimlessly watching this
you turn your head from my cry
even as i am torn out of my mother's womb
like a toxic waste to be rid of
oh the horror of it all
i know that all this you can see
but you have declared in your heart
that you are not your brother's keeper
and you will not defend my cause
but this be sure of it now
that the one who gave me life
will not abandon me forever
neither watch as i am persecuted forever
but when He beckons you to answer
for these the least of His brethren
what excuse shall you have

Every year millions of babies are aborted around the world. If there is an injustice that the society has accepted as a norm is this one. The late venerable pope John Paul II called this "the culture of death".  But what can we do for reparation against this injustice? Prayer and action. We must "pray as if everything depends on God, (and it does) and work for pro-life end as if everything depended on us."  

1 comment:

  1. Your poem is quite powerful as is the testimony you have last Friday at the prayer meeting about talking with your friend and what a difference caring about her made in her life and the life of her child.

    A great way to promote the culture of life is to get involved in 40 Days for Life. There are campaigns taking place in cities across the US and around the world.

    For the site nearest you, check out www.40daysforlife.com and join us for a peaceful, prayerful 40 day vigil of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving to end abortion.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.